The new website marks a new phase in the GBIF network's mission, creating more favorable conditions for policy makers, scientists and civil society to act in species conservation worldwide .
In the new portal can be found beyond the news of the different partners and GBIF world, a continuous update of the number of data on the portal, through its homepage and is the first information that the user has access.
Regarding data search tools is now possible to make a more streamlined search by country, database name, occurrences or species.
At the search by country (see the page for Portugal) it is possible to verify the amount of data that this country has contributed to GBIF and data for that country contributed by others. It is also possible to find scientific publications related to the data for each country and authors of that nacionality. In the case of Portugal, we present here a short list of some of them, but you can see the full list in GBIF portal :
- Integrating Open Access Geospatial Data to Map the Habitat Suitability of the Declining Corn Bunting (Miliaria calandra)
- Rapid lizard radiation lacking niche conservatism: ecological diversiﬁcation within a complex landscape
- Unravelling biodiversity, evolution and threats to conservation in the Sahara-Sahel
- Effects Of ClimateChange, Invasive Species, and Disease on the Distribution of Native European Crayﬁshes
- Modeling Species Distributions from Heterogeneous Data for the Biogeographic Regionalization of the European Bryophyte Flora
Explore the new portal on http://www.gbif.org.