Why publish data through GBIF?Published on June 5, 2019
By joining GBIF as data provider, there are several benefits for the institutions that hold the data, for nature conservation, and for society, including:
- Higher exposure of biodiversity data, making them easily accessible to the global community;
- Values the biological collection biological of the biodiversity database through the increasing use of data;
- Allows the production of new knowledge, facilitating the integration of information from many different sources, which combination hardly would occur without GBIF infrastructure;
- Facilitates data review by experts, which scientific reviews may return to the original resource, increasing its value;
- Promotes good management of natural resources, facilitating the development of systematic conservation planning for biodiversity;
- Improves the quality of environmental impact assessments, with benefits for nature and society.